Friday, November 8, 2013

Day Seven

Alright, folks. This whole daylights savings time ending has really put a kink in the "routine" and I have been beat all week. I know that technically we got an hour back, but try explaining that to a 15 month old when he wakes up at 6 o'clock. (Of course he does go to bed a little earlier because of that, too). To top it off, Owen had his 15 month check up yesterday which came with some pretty painful immunizations and a bonus even more painful "procedure". So yesterday was a bit rough.

At least there are pictures from our adventure at the Safari Park today! A trip in memory of the Western Black Rhino and in honor of the Northern White Rhino. The Safari Park has 2 Northern White Rhinos, Nola and her mate, that you should go see as soon as possible! There are only 5 others left in the world. I'm not sure why I'm so devastated by this. Probably because there was a lot that could have been done to stop their poaching. I can't believe that people kill them for their horns. And that people want them. They're made up of keratin, which is the same thing found in skin, hair, and fingernails. People should probably just start using those things in their magic disease-curing potions. Wow, clearly I'm upset by this. There is just so many technological advances and resources that could have been used to save this species, I'm sure. Anyways.

The Western Black Rhinoceros

I still have a lot of people to write about, but remember what I was saying about how difficult blogging is? Yea, I left out the part where I actually don't really like to write anything, so it's a lot harder for me. So with the above and this in mind, combined with the fact that I can't fall asleep until 1am, I'm giving myself an easy thing to be thankful for tonight. It's a bit broad... Maybe I'll be more specific in the days to follow, but we shall see.

Watching the meerkats play with an enrichment item. Always the first animal stop!

Today I'm thankful to live in the 21st Century.

Discovered a children's play place today! There was a lot of roaring going on!

Yep, super broad. And I'm not talking about everyone being addicted to technology and everything, because actually I really hate that and I feel that technology has just made people more stressed with the pressure of needing everything to be instantaneous. I digress.

All aboard the choo choo tram! Funniest and most informative tour in awhile!

While I understand I shouldn't be of this world, but rather of His Kingdom, I am thankful that He has given people the brains to come up with electricity, and cars, and immunizations. I am so grateful to have a dishwasher that works. A car to take us to Gramsie's house, and adventure days, and to visit friends. A stand mixer to easily mix together any type of dough or ice cream without breaking my arm. Shots to keep Owen and babies and adults safe and protected. Light so I can see where I'm going and what I'm doing on the road and at home. And cell phones so I can call someone any time from anywhere without needing to worry about where the next rest stop is on the road or if I have change for a pay phone (because I never have change!)


Night, night, Safari Park!

While it's hard living in a society that is so focused on moving forward and being the best, brightest, and newest, I am thankful that most of the innovations that I experience today make my life a little bit easier and give me time to do the things I love. Like putting the dishes away. I'm just kidding!

Waited so long to take a lemur tail picture of him!

So, thank you for my first (they'll probably be more) super general thankfulness post. Have a good night, everyone!

Lemur love.






No comments:

Post a Comment