Friday, November 8, 2013

Day Six: A Seestar

You know, a lot goes into blogging more than you think. I guess you could be off-the-cuff and talk about whatever, but then you have to add pictures and make it look pretty and the whole nine yards. And at the end of the day sometimes you're just beat. But during the day I come up with some "bloggable" material about my crafting or organizing (one of the three blogs I follow is iHeart Organizing) or one of our Adventure Days. But then pictures... It's always the pictures. Love to take them, hate to edit land post them. It's the same story with Etsy listings. Fail.

Anyways, that has nothing to do with my thankfulness subject today. Because she is not a fail. She is someone that I like to spend time with! And she is my seestar!
 
 
Robyn and I met when she met up for dinner at Texas Roadhouse on my last night of my first Cleveland trip. I think December 2007? Anyways. She came in a little late and slid across the booth across from me. It was fun to hear her talk because she had just started school in Savannah, Georgia at their College of Art and Design (SCAD, if you will). So she had a bit of a southern twang, but nothing quite like my family's. We didn't chat the whole time, I was still meeting everyone, so I assumed my observer role. We did talk though, but I wasn't sure what she thought of me. Luckily after dinner Andrew told me that she liked me more than she had any of his other girlfriends! Score!
 
 
I'd say our relationship has always been pretty good. I know that there are times when all The Rosners get together that can be pretty heated, but I've always taken a step back for those situations. I don't really push myself on her or make her do things. I like to say that I respect her space and time pretty well and I am happy to do anything with her or for her! I love that we're so easy going and are content to watch House Hunters for a million hours one day and then go off and do something fun the next.
 
 
I love the "schedule" we've adopted when she comes out to California. Owen and I pick her up from the airport, we eat at Bull Taco (seriously best Cali burrito of your life), and then turn on HGTV and take naps. I love that the first day is nothing but chill because normally I'm up pretty late the night before.
 
 
And I especially appreciate everything she did for me, Owen, and all of our friends on this past visit! It was a surprise that she was able to come out for Owen's first birthday. I was so excited because we hadn't seen her since Christmas. And since there was no mom on this visit (you know what I mean), Robyn stepped up and helped me with Owen, putting away the dishes, and some other things during her stay. Of course that doesn't even compare to what she did the day of his birthday party! That girl went to work. I asked her for help with a few things, but since so much needed to get done, after she was done with a task she'd immediately move to the next one without even questioning. See something that needed to get done? She did it. And I would have still been cleaning at least 90 minutes later if it wasn't for her!! Plus I helped her make our awesome matching t-shirts for our Disneyland trip! (Seriously, guys, she is talented beyond words. Check out some of her artwork here.)
 
 
Robyn, I am so thankful that it is YOU who I get to be sisters with. I miss you a lot, as does your babushka and brother. I know that we need to plan a Savannah trip in the near future!! You are so talented beyond words with whatever creative medium you try. I am always so excited to hear what you've been up. You get to do some pretty amazing things. You have so many opportunities waiting for you, I just know it. And I selfishly wish that they would bring you out west because I love you so!




No comments:

Post a Comment