Saturday, November 2, 2013

November Thankfulness, Day One

I have one of those sticky window decals that has always been in a window since I bought it a few years ago around this time of year. It says "Give Thanks". My family gives me a hard time about it, but I like to say that we should give thanks all year round!
 
As a way to remind myself of my blessings that may get lost in the day-to-day, and to hopefully get me in this blogging habit, I'll be participating in the Days of Thankfulness! I know I didn't do a post on this yesterday, but hey, at least I posted something. To kick it off...
 
I am thankful for Andrew.
 
Us!
I know we may bicker back and forth and do things that aggravate and annoy each other, but I wouldn't be the person I am today without him. Through dating long distance for two years, he became my best friend. We managed to survive (effortlessly) a roadtrip from San Diego to Cleveland, OH. He knew my life story the first night we met and if something happened, good or bad, he was always one of the first people I told.
 
The first time Andrew came to visit me.. And the first time we saw each other since we had met 5 months earlier.
My mom says that she knew he was the one I was meant to be with when he drove to the Baltimore Airport from Cleveland in the middle of the night in the fog and snow. My flight had been diverted from Chicago to Baltimore midair. I wasn't panicked because I knew that Andrew knew as soon as I did since he checked flight statuses all the time. He tried to get me on the first flight to Ohio as soon as he could, but of course that flight was at the gate we were trying to pull into. He didn't want me to spend the night in the airport alone, so he told his parents he had to go get me and, without any questioning from them, he did. I drove back to Cleveland, and as it turns out, the roadtrip wasn't any faster than air travel. By the time we got to the airport to pick up my suitcase, the flight that I would have been on had just deplaned. But I didn't have to spend the night in an airport! And this is just the first of many stories that come to mind when I think of Andrew and what he does for me.
 
California Adventure letters at Disneyland! Talk about foreshadowing!
He helped me through the trials of college, prepare for interviews, and was continuously a good example of how to be a good person and how to be a good business person. He would offer advice (sometimes unsolicited) about different work challenges and college group project challenges. And he was always there to bounce ideas off of and give me constructive criticism to make me better with whatever it was. He is my biggest cheerleader for whatever it is I create and I can only hope I show him that I am there supporting him all the time. I'm thankful that he also cooks, because I know I would probably starve or weigh 100 more pounds if it wasn't for him!
 
Our engagement!
I honestly cannot put into words how much I love him or what it is I love the most. If I could describe him in one word it would probably be passionate. Everything that he does he does it with 100% heart. He'll do everything in his power to turn my bad days good. He tries to get home early from work to see and play with Owen. He'll do ANYTHING for his friends and even more for his family. He loves what he does for a living and it is so nice to see him happy with work. He is 100% truthful, whether you like it or not.

Purdue football... Boiler Up!

I'm thankful that God made him for me and allowed us to have Owen. I am thankful that despite our differences we always talk things through and take on our new challenge as parents, home owners, and business people as a team. It is with our differences that balances us out and makes us work and I am so so thankful that I get to go through the rest of my life (and beyond) with this loving, loyal, passionate man beside me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment