Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day Four: Some Kid

So, yesterday's thankfulness post wasn't posted due to some technical difficulties. Sure, I could have published it all on my phone, but I would have to retype and I hate doing that on phones and I didn't have the pictures... You get the picture. So, I guess today is a two-for-one! Or one and a half for one... Either way.


I was debating on doing this post today or making him wait a couple of days... Drew texted me yesterday asking when his post was and I had planned on doing it today anyways. So, I guess I'll be nice and keep my word. :)


That being said, I'm thankful for the best little brother a girl could have.


I know we've been through a lot together, all the moves and friends and schools and sports practices that I had to sit through. I know some of it both of us don't remember and some of it you don't remember, but I like to hear stories about how I used to "read" to you when you were a baby.


My earliest memory is when Dad and I went to go to the hospital so that I could see you for the first time. We were in the pickup truck and eating chocolate chip granola bars and driving down the street. That's all I remember, but I guess it's an important first memory to have!


I do remember how I used to be the only one to make you silly laugh in the bathtub when you were a toddler. And how we played Power Rangers in the basement in Michigan even though Mom wouldn't let us watch the show. Remember "What time is it Mr. Fox", the clock game we played when we "shared a room" in Michigan? How did we know foxes would be so cool?!


I'm sorry that we weren't as close as we got older. I guess that's what the teenage years do to siblings. But I'm glad that we're close again now. You gave a killer wedding speech. And even though I know you tell Andrew way more things than me, and I appreciate that. I am so grateful that you two get along as well as you do. I know behind all the jabs at each other that you both really care about the other in true brother fashion.

 

Thank you for being such an awesome uncle to Owen. I know that you'll have more fun when he's older, but at least he does things to entertain you now (even though it should be the other way around). You'll be great to teach him all he needs to know about sports and you'll be the "cool" uncle (to him) when he's older to give him life advice that he'll possibly listen to more than mine.


I just hope you know that I am here for you and will always be here for you for whatever you need. Advice, networking opportunities, a room to sleep in, bail money (joke!)... I love you, Buddy, and I can't wait to see you in a few weeks! (And I'm sorry I didn't have any little kid pictures of us available... talk to Mom.)



No comments:

Post a Comment