Thursday, January 1, 2015

Fresh Start

Well hello, little blog of mine!

I'm sorry you probably feel neglected, but one of my resolutions is to write more. I'm not sure why I said "resolutions" because really I wasn't even planning on one. The fact that I should start journaling just fell into my lap yesterday, so why not also start the blog over?


I'm not sure where it's going to go, probably just how it usually does. Maybe I'll even have some drafts going of things we do so I can post in a more timely manner and not always try to "catch up" when it comes to posting stories. And maybe if I hold myself to not feel the need to post a ton of pictures on posts. Because that, my friends, becomes a pain. At least for me!


I hope everyone had a terrific first day of 2015! I was excited to see 2014 go. I mean, I had some good times, but the valleys were deeper, especially at the end of the year. Not that a calendar change will magically make things better, but everyone in general seems a lot more optimistic, so I will be too!


We spent the night with my in-laws and two of our close friends and their significant others! We played games, ate a ton of food, and watched the ball fall at midnight. We lost some members shortly after that, but I had fun staying up until 2am talking with my mom-in-law, "Uncle" Tyler, and his girlfriend Kristi! Plus I found my Pandora bracelet (I knew it was in the chair!) so 2015 is already off to a good start!

 
 
And today we took it low-key. Owen got to see the last bit of the Rose Parade. He loved the hippo float and marching with the bands! We played kitchen, attempted to play with Tilly, and ate our black-eyed peas for good luck. He took a pretty solid nap and still seemed tired at 6:30pm! You know when they start playing "night night" with stuffed animals that they actually are tired...



And now, I'm just going to sit back, write what comes to me, document my (sadly now fleeting) days and adventures with Owen and Andrew, and enjoy the ride!




No comments:

Post a Comment